Monday, September 27, 2010

Most Likely To Forget Her Cap and Gown At Graduation

his morning I was telling a friend of mine that sometimes I would forget my own head if it wasn't attached to my body. Tonight, I was looking through my high school yearbook..Go Dons! I remembered that somehow it was printed in the yearbook that I was most likely to forget my cap and grown at graduation. I remember being so pissed when I opened my yearbook senior year. I don't remember ever getting to vote for these catergories, and I certainly wasn't told that I was receiving this one.

But now, almost 12 years later, I make that statement about myself all the time. It doesn't really bother me, even though I don't exactly agree with it. Its not so much that I forget stuff. Its just that I don't always think we need that much stuff. I learned the definition of the word need early in life, as in, "No, Kara you don't need that dress from Nordstrom. You may want it but that is not the same as needing it." Don't tell my mom, but I was actually listening to her.

More often then not, I have everything I need right at my finger tips. And if I find myself feeling like I need something else, I can usually just look around and find I have more than I could possibly ever need.

No comments:

Post a Comment